- Toll-Free: (877)237-4730
City and State Incentives
Families aren’t alone in their concern for the driver safety of their loved ones. The aging population is such a growing concern through all elements of society that many city and state incentives are being implemented, perfected, and shared to ensure mobility of the senior population isn’t restricted to an untenable level. The elder care movement has developed a number of measures for assessing the driver safety level of seniors citizens and is actively seeking solutions for the transportation needs of seniors who are no longer comfortable behind the wheel.
- The City of Los Angeles Department of Aging
- Older Driver’s Collisions Countermeasures / Oregon State University
- Senior Driving Safety Education / University of Georgia
- Senior Transportation Program (pdf) / Austin (Texas) Parks & Recreation
Savvy Seniors Celebrate the Journey
Age alone is not a decisive factor when determining one’s safety level on the road. Medical concerns and lifestyle choices may make one person ready to take up residence in the passenger seat while another may be perfectly fine behind the wheel until 85. These are the golden years and no one should let the numbers put the brakes on enjoying life, on the road or off it. Seniors-only social clubs, group excursions, all sorts of outings help savvy seniors celebrate the journey with fun and safety around every bend in the road.
- 55 Alive!
- Don’t Hang Out in the No-Zone: Help Promote WRECKless Driving / US Department of Transportation Share the Road Safely Program
- Driving With the Dog Not A Good Idea for Seniors / University of Alabama at Birmingham
- National Scenic Byways Online / America’s Byways
- Read Your Road: Every Highway User’s Guide to Driving Safely (pdf) / Federal Highway Administration
- Self-Regulation of Driving by Older Persons (pdf) / University of Florida
- Senior Driver Safety / Florida DMV Safety Programs
- Senior Driving / AAA