- Toll-Free: (877)237-4730
Keeping Your Cool in the Car:
The amount of aggressive driving is increasing on our roads. Some of the signs of an aggressive driver include a person who changes lanes abruptly to pass a slower driver, a driver who tailgates in an attempt to get another driver to speed up, and a driver who curses at other drivers. Aggressive drivers put themselves and others at risk on the roads. The following contains more information on aggressive driving as well as how a person can recognize and prevent it.
A variety of studies have revealed certain traits common in aggressive drivers. Not surprisingly, many aggressive drivers display risk-taking behaviors. These individuals have no concern for themselves or others. In addition, people who are experiencing a great deal of stress are more likely to overreact to a simple incident on the road such as being cut-off on the highway. Also, people who are in an extreme hurry on the road may exhibit aggressive driving behavior. According to the information found on driving tips, consumption of alcohol increases aggressive driving behaviors in people. Though there are some commonalities found in aggressive driving situations there is never an excuse for the dangerous practice.
A person who finds him or herself passing cars aggressively in order to get somewhere or feeling extremely angry at other drivers may be an aggressive driver. Recognizing the behavior is an important part of changing it. One effective thing a person can do to avoid aggressive driving is to avoid driving when he or she is upset. Taking a few extra minutes to calm down may help a person avoid an accident and arrive safely at a destination. A person may want to listen to some soothing music in the car or tune into a funny radio program. Another simple step for a person to take is to make sure to leave early to arrive at a destination on time. Avoiding the need to hurry is vital when it comes to preventing aggressive driving.
A person who encounters an aggressive driver should not react to his or her rude behavior and let the person drive on. Not engaging in argument with an aggressive driver may defuse the situation. If a person is ever pursued by an aggressive driver, he or she should ask someone in the car to call 911 or drive to a nearby police station. Trying to outrun an aggressive driver may result in an accident as well as put more innocent bystanders in harm’s way.
Finally, people who engage in aggressive driving behaviors take the chance of injuring or killing themselves and other drivers. The legal penalties for aggressive driving vary from state to state. In many states, aggressive driving is a misdemeanor and an offender can be ticketed. Aggressive driving may earn a person time in jail as well as a large fine in some states. The increase in aggressive driving behaviors will likely cause more states to put more laws into place. Every driver has the responsibility to travel in the safest way possible.
For more information on the problem of aggressive driving, please visit:
- Facts on Aggressive Driving: Read an explanation of road rage, the traits of aggressive drivers, and more.
- Teenagers and Aggressive Driving: Checkout a study on teenagers and the facts surrounding aggressive driving behaviors.
- A Study Regarding Aggressive Driving: Peruse this interesting study on the features of aggressive driving.
- All about Aggressive Driving: Find a definition and examples of aggressive driving behaviors.
- Aggressive Driving Causes: Learn what can prompt aggressive driving behavior on the roads.
- Tips to Avoid Aggressive Driving: Study some straightforward tips to avoid aggressive driving behavior.
- Preventing Aggressive Driving: Look at some tips regarding how to prevent aggressive driving behaviors.
- Tips for Cooling an Encounter with an Aggressive Driver: Note the list of things for a driver to do if he or she encounters an aggressive driver.
- Profile of Aggressive Driving: Discover some common traits in an aggressive driver as well as a list that helps a person to determine if he or she is an aggressive driver.
- Staying Safe from Aggressive Drivers: Learn some signs of aggressive drivers.
- A Gathering of Studies on Aggressive Driving: Checkout the details in these studies on aggressive driving.
- Behaviors That Characterize Aggressive Driving: Study these driving behaviors that can put many people in danger.
- Aggressive Driving Explained: Peruse a definition of aggressive driving.
- Reasons for Aggressive Driving: Checkout some of the possible causes for an increase in aggressive driving.